MAY 16, 2007
Royal Oak Facility
Ed Warkentin, Chair, Margot Allingham, Alan & Chris Barnard,
Karl Boerner, Sec., Clarence Diebold, Ted Howard, Yvonne Jack, Ted Marchant, Jean Romanisson, Ted Scratchley, Murray Sharp
Ray Bremner, Derek Knox
John Wong, Ernie Iannacone
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:08
2. Approval Of The Agenda:
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
3. Guest Speakers:
- John Wong, Director of Campus Planning, had been invited to inform council members about future plans for the Burnaby campus. In great detail and with the support of slides he covered topics such as the Campus Master Plan, Strategic Directions, Sustainability, Building Quality Assessment, Educational Core, etc.
- Ernie Iannacone, since he had other appointments, Ernie read his bulletin for the proposed trip Beijing to Shanghai at this time. Comments were made to indicate that the total cost should be quoted.
4. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On April 18, 2007.
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- The BCITRA jackets were available and the banner was displayed.
5. New Business.
- an e-mail was received from B. McKenzie, explaining that he could not be a guest at the Bedford House luncheon,
- also, the minutes of the Cosco Delegates' meeting on April 13,
- Ian Dean submitted his resignation,
- Ted Scratchley is now a member of the Council.
- Alan mentioned that the Service charge is regularly reimbursed when he challenges it.
- 2. Benefits and Liaison, COSCO
- Clarence mentioned the Conversations on Health Care, Medicare, and the Mature Driver Programme in his report.
- 3. Fellowship and Communication
- Yvonne reported that 46 happy diners enjoyed the successful luncheon at Bedford House.
- 4. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Chris remarked that we have 194 members. She added that instead of sending out three reminders, two should be sufficient.
- Ted Marchant has been busy bringing the Page up to date with the report and photos of the very enjoyable Wine tour.
- Using the Page, members are able to consider the China tour and to register.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
6. OTHER BUSINESS
- A committee of three - Ted Howard, Ted Scratchley, and Ed Warkentin - has been formed to suggest changes and modifications to the Constitution of our Association.
- Ted Scratchley stated that he's waiting for a quote on a three-day cruise in the fall. Karl is also pricing one. The cheaper one will be used for a bulletin, which should be mailed as soon as possible to the members.
- The bulletin for the China trip is to be finalised.
- Ed remarked that the Newsletter is a work in progress. Ted Marchant offered the help of his wife, Elaine, to do some editing chores.
- The well-attended event was enjoyed by all participants. The rise in price was discussed with regards to the limit members are willing to pay and the venues.
7. Next Meeting:
- The next meeting will be held June 20, at 1000h at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 4-40.
- The meeting was adjourned at 11:50.