June 20, 2007
Royal Oak Facility
Ed Warkentin, Chair, Margot Allingham, Alan & Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Ray Bremner, Clarence Diebold, Ted Howard, Derek Knox, Ted Marchant, Murray Sharp
Yvonne Jack, Ted Scratchley
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:08.
2. Approval Of The Agenda:
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On May 16, 2007.
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- Ray wanted some explanations concerning our bursaries.
- Laurie Clark had been invited to the meeting but could not attend. She'll try to be available for the next meeting.
5. New Business.
- A letter from the BCIT Board of Governors announced the resignation of President Dr. Tony Knowles.
- COSCO sent the minutes of their delegates'meeting of June 8, 2007.
- Alan presented the financial statement and answered questions.
- 2. Benefits and Liaison, COSCO
- Clarence mentioned that Cosco has a mandate to educate seniors with regard to health. Topics at the last meeting were the Conversations on Health, public transportation, and the Gateway project, among others.
- 3. Fellowship and Communication
- The report was not available.
- 4. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Chris stated that we have 197 members.
- Ted is keeping the Web Page updated with Minutes, Travel bulletins, reports and photos, among other information.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
6. OTHER BUSINESS
- The committee, formed to make revisions to the Constitution, had prepared copies with suggested changes. Members were asked to compare the changes with the original on the Page and make comments.
- The bulletins for the China trip and the Cruise were ready for mailing. Needed are proposals for a Mystery trip, for which a ferry trip to Victoria that involves whale watching was mentioned.
- The Newsletter was ready for printing. It was suggested to mail it to all retirees
- Jackets are available.
The motion to thank Joyce with the gift of a jacket was seconded and carried.
7. Next Meeting:
- The next meeting will be held August 15, at 1000h at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 4-40.
- The meeting was adjourned at 11:20.