September 19, 2007
Royal Oak Facility
Ed Warkentin, Chair, Alan And Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Ray Bremner, Clarence Diebold, Yvonne Jack, Derek Knox, Ted Marchant, Ted Scratchley, Murray Sharp
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:08
2. Approval Of The Agenda:
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On June 20, 2007.
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- There were no subjects raised.
5. New Business.
- A bill from Alternet,
- an invitation to attend the opening of the new Aero Tech building at the airport,
- the minutes from the last COSCO delegates' meeting and,
- a renewal form from CURAC.
The motion: That we discontinue the membership in CURAC
was seconded and carried.
- Alan presented his report and answered a query about membership dues.
- 2. Benefits and Liaison, COSCO
- Clarence was not able to attend the September Cosco meeting. According to the Minutes, the following topics were discussed:
- minimum wages;
- the homeless and lack of housing;
- health promotion with regards to medication;
- elder abuse;
- protection of a watershed on the Sunshine Coast.
- 3. Fellowship and Communication
- Yvonne stated that there were no developments to report.
- 4. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Chris mentioned that there have been no changes since the last report, membership still stands at 202.
- Ted Marchant has just updated the Page. The suggestion was made to create a blog (weblog) on the Page, which will be considered by Ted.
- Ted Scratchley presented a well-prepared proposal for a cruise with Celebrity Cruises from Oct. 13 to Oct. 22 in 2008. Considering the special group rates, it was decided to prepare a travel bulletin immediately to allow the members to take advantage of the offer.
- Derek mentioned one-day cruises and quoted rates that depend on the number of participants, the size of the boats, and whether lunches were included or not.
If only a few members are involved, his own yacht could be used.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
6. OTHER BUSINESS
- The committee had spent a considerable length of time to write a revised version of the Constitution. It was reasonably easy to make some changes without getting involved in too many digressions and the task was done very efficiently and the revision completed.
7. Next Meeting:
- The next meeting will be held October 17, at 10:00. The location has not been announced.
- The meeting was adjourned at 11:40.