October 8, 2008
Royal Oak Facility
Derek Knox (Chair), Margot Allingham, Alan and Chris Barnard
(Recorder), Ray Bremner, Ted Marchant, Ted Scratchley, Murray Sharp, Bob
Wagner, Ed Warkentin
Karl Boerner, Clarence Diebold, Ted Howard
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:10.
2. Approval Of The Agenda:
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On September 17, 2008.
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- Margot agreed to be opted to the Board for the remainder of the term, and the Board was grateful.
- Chris will have the cheque book and deposit book while Bob is in Australia.
5. New Business.
- Bob to look into ING account. Ray asked if Bob had looked into HSBC or RBC instead of having two separate accounts.
- 2. Benefits and Liaison, COSCO
- Ted has phoned Cheers confirming December 7 as the Xmas Luncheon at $19 inclusive of all except alcohol.
The Brochure for the luncheon is ready for Joyce, and should be ready for mail-out in the first week of November. (To be organized).
- He phoned J.J's thinking of the spring luncheon, and also for the Board members luncheon which was agreed as 16 December, 2008. Price $20-$25. Ted will make the arrangements. Seating between 5:30 to 6:00pm, no admittance after 6:00, to be booked the morning of 12 Dec. Joyce and guest to be invited as guests of the Board. Chris to call Joyce.
- Chris reported that the group rates at Minter Gardens are $10.85 per person plus GST with 15 or more for group rate. Spring or summer 2009 was suggested.
- 4. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Chris stated that 206 members had paid their dues.
- Ted Marchant said that the Page was up-to-date. Alan to check Joyce Glover's email address.
- Ted Scratchley said that the San Diego cruise group will leave 13 October returning on the 22nd. Photos will be taken and a short write up prepared for the web page.
- Ted would like someone else to chair travel committee at the next AGM.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
6. OTHER BUSINESS
- Chris proposed that Bob McKenzie should be made a life member upon his retirement at the end of November.
The motion was seconded and carried.
- Derek agreed to phone BCIT President Don Wright inviting him to the November Board meeting.
7. Next Meeting:
- It is to be held on Nov. 19, 2008, 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, Rm SE 4-40.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:30.