January 20, 2010
Royal Oak Facility
Derek Knox, Chair; Margot Allingham; Alan Barnard; Chris Barnard; Ted Howard; Ted Scratchley; Murray Sharp; Bob Wagner; Ed. Warkentin
Karl Boerner; Clarence Diebold; Ray Bremner; Ted Marchant
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:15.
2. Approval Of The Agenda:
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On November 18, 2009:
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
5. New Business.
- several letters were received; those of general interest will be posted on the web site
- reported that one thousand (1,000) dollars had been forwarded to the BCIT Foundation. There are no outstanding debts.
- Bob gave the Treasurer's Report and the total current assets as of 20 January 2010: $6,801.60.
- 2. Benefits and Liaison, COSCO
- 40 members showed up for the Christmas
lunch at Cheers. A general discussion took place re. mid-week versus the usual Sunday time. Since there was a significant decline in the number of people in attendance it would seem that Sunday was still the choice of the majority.
- The Board members were asked to search for a likely restaurant for our spring lunch. A decision will be made at the Meeting February 10, 2010.
- 4. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Chris reported that we have 192 members, 74 have already paid for 2010.
- Discussed were the membership fee, the Harmonized Sales Tax, and whether the membership fee should be raised.
- 5. Communications (Web Page)
- (The following report was received by e-mail from Ted Marchant on January 21/10)
- the website is up and running on the Alternet server
- all pages have been updated (as far as I know)
- newsletter has been added. (I only had a copy of the last one, if anybody has previous copies I could add them as archives.)
- Treasurer's Report page has been added. (Once again I only had a copy of the Sept-Oct report.)
- Member status page is current as of Jan.13
- Survey results from 2006 page is removed
- picture of the Board is out of date
- the minutes can now be printed from the web site in a properly formatted output from a button on the webpage
- event calendar page is a new format and easier to maintain
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
6. Other Business
- The AGM Meeting is scheduled for March 10, 2010.
- A mail-out regarding the AGM will be done before the February Meeting.
7. Next Meeting:
- Will be held on February 10, 2010, 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, Rm SE 4-40.
- Meeting adjourned at 12:10.