March 17, 2010
Royal Oak Facility
Derek Knox, Chair, Alan & Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Clarence
Diebold, Don Eklof, Ted Howard, Murray Sharp, Bob Wagner, Ed Warkentin,
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:10.
2. Approval Of The Agenda:
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On February 10, 2010:
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- To be covered under reports.
5. New Business.
- The e-mail address of Directors must be up-to-date so that they can receive the Minutes of the Board's meeting.
- Alan reported the receipt of the Minutes of the Delegates's meeting of Cosco; a request for a donation to the Children's Hospital Fund, and a flyer on Property Deferment Taxes.
- Bob explained some figures in the Treasurer's Report and stated that the Spring Luncheon will take place at the Bedford House Restaurant on April 25.
c. Benefits and Liaison, COSCO
- Clarence mentioned a speech given by a member of the Centre for Policy Alternative. Cosco is supporting the fight against the HST. He had forms of the Citizen Initiative Petition against that tax available.
The motion that
A letter be sent to the Premier and the Minister of Finance to protest the implementation of the HST.
was seconded and carried
d. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Chris announced a membership of 145. A final reminder will be mailed to the members in arrrears.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
7. Allocation of Responsibilities
- The allocations were as follows:-
- Vice President:
- Recording Secretary:
- Corresponding Secretary:
- COSCO Representative:
Elaine Gibson (who previously assisted Ed Warkentin with the Newsletter) will be asked if she is interested in accepting the responsibilty
8. Other Business:
- Discussed were Bedford House, the advance of $300, and the cost of about $28 per member. The notice will be prepared and members will be asked to help with the mailing.
- The pros and cons of Cheers, weekdays or Sundays, upstairs or downstairs were also considered.
- Other topics were wine and cheese parties, a wine tasting, or a meeting where everybody brings a bottle and the participants simply enjoy a pleasant evening.
9. Next Meeting:
- Will be held on April 21, 2010, 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, Rm SE 4-40.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:55.
The meeting was interrupted during Clarence's report to let members have a look at a suggested new office for the Association. The offer was declined since the quarters were too small.