September 15, 2010
Royal Oak Facility
Christine Barnard, Chair, Peter Abel, Alan Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec.,
Clarence Diebold, Don Eklof, Ted Howard, Murray Sharp, Bob Wagner.
Derek Knox, Ed Warkentin, Charlie Young.
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:10.
2. Approval Of The Agenda:
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On June 16, 2010:
- The motion to adopt the Minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- The problems that Ted had with Alternate have been resolved, he's decided to stay with them.
- A visit to the Power House to take place after the meeting.
5. New Business.
- Alan remarked that he had transferred the membership of the late Fred Bailey to his wife Anna.
- A representative of Johnson's Insurance (Medoc) is trying to advertise their offers to the membership. She may get a chance to talk at one of our Directors' Meetings.
- Bob submitted his report and mentioned the expenditures on gifts and the Alternet Internet and that he needed counter signatures for his cheques.
c. Liaison with COSCO
- Clarence related that in the past year Cosco held 189 workshops that were attended by 3,152 persons.
- The problem of seniors' housing was discussed, the lack of services, and the difficulties with supported and assisted living.
d. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- We have 180 paid members according to Alan.
e. Communications (Web Page)
- The report was not available.
f. Fellowship and Travel
- Chris suggested to offer the members a three-day cruise Vancouver-Victoria-Seattle and back for $443 with some of the money going into a fund to fight breast cancer. The ship is the MS Zaandam of the Holland America Line; the date of departure: May 12, 2011. Chris is going to prepare the mail out.
- Discussed were also rail trips, and Murray is doing some research on a trip to Egmont with regards to Princess Louise Inlet and the Skookumchuk Narrows.
- Don mentioned Steveston with the result that a meeting was organised for Sept. 23 at 10:00 at the parking lot of Garry Pt Park, and the promise of some good seafood in the village.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
8. Other Business:
- The Christmas Luncheon is set for Nov. 21 at noon and at the usual place, Cheers. The price has yet to be determined.
9. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on October 20, 2010, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, Rm SE 4-40.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:05.
Family History Group
- The date for the next meeting has been changed to Oct. 5 at 19:00 at the BCITRA office.