JANUARY 19, 2011
BCIT –ATC RICHMOND
Chris Barnard, Chair, Peter Abel, Alan Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec.,
Ted Howard, Derek Knox, Murray Sharp, Bob Wagner, Ed Warkentin.
Don Eklof, Clarence Diebold, Charlie Young.
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:00.
2. The agenda was approved.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On November 17, 2010:
- The motion to adopt the Minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
5. New Business.
- Alan received mail from M. Arychuk and Johnson Inc., the Medoc people. Our members are now able to obtain travel and house insurance from them using our Web Page.
- Margaret Arychuk mentioned the development in the probate of Len's will. She also offered a concrete memorial bench with some plaques that the Association can place on campus. Chris and Members of the Board want to discuss with the BCIT Administration where the bench could be placed.
- Bob entered his report and pointed out some expenses for the office; members' dues, and that since Dec. 31, 2000 the Association has given $9,700 to the BCIT Foundation.
- For the record: the winner of the draw at the luncheon was Warren Laine; 39 people attended. The fifty-fifty draw took in $36.
c. Liaison with COSCO
- Clarence is at a Cosco workshop.
d. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- We have 184 members according to Alan, of which 48 have paid their dues.
e. Communications (Web Page)
- NB: There's no e) on the Agenda.
f. Fellowship and Travel
- Chris mentioned that there is still room on the three-day Seattle cruise. From a pamphlet from Pitmar Tours she pointed out a six-day tour to the Hotsprings in the Kootenay Country. It will be featured on the Web Page.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
8. Other Business:
- Bob let the Members know that he is too busy to get involved with the arrangement of the Spring Luncheon.
- Chris showed a brochure on cancer, which brought back memories of Len Arychuk's cancer seminars.
9. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on February 16, 2011, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, Rm SE 4-40.
- Meeting adjourned at 10:40.
A tour of the Aerospace Technology Campus had been arranged for 11:00.
Led by the pleasant and relaxed Chief-Instructor James Mallory, the Members were impressed by the architecture, the classrooms, and the instruments and their cost.