March 16, 2011
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Chris Barnard, Pres., Peter Abel, Alan Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Don Eklof, Ted Howard, Bob Wagner, Ted Marchant.
Clarence Diebold, Derek Knox, Murray Sharpe, Charlie Young.
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:05.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On February 16, 2011:
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
5. New Business.
- Alan received a note from Don with regards to prizes for the April luncheon, and a letter of thanks and some information from M. Arychuk.
- Bob explained some figures in his report and answered questions.
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Alan remarked that of 187 members we have 139 who have paid their dues.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- The report was not available.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- There have been no new developments with regards to travel, according to Chris. Members will be able to consider the Kootenays (June) and the Okanagon tour (September) on our Web page.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
8. Other Business:
- Board Positions.
- Time constraints have forced Alan to resign his position as Corresponding Secretary.
- The notices have been mailed.
- Expressions of appreciation of Ed Warkentin’s work for the Association are to be postponed.
- The motion to invite Dr. D. Wright and N-B. Pommashea ( BCIT FOUNDATION) to the Luncheon was seconded and carried.
- The move of the meeting from Salon D to Salon A in the Town Square Building has generated several complaints. Salon A does not lend itself easily to the setup of a table for registration, for guests, for flipcharts, and a buffet. There were also problems with the microphone connections. Usually there is plenty of food, this time there was a shortage of soup, fruit, desert, and coffee. Obviously, the members enjoyed the choices that were offered, and, it should be mentioned, we greatly appreciate the support of the BCIT Admininistration.
9. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on April 20, 2011, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, Rm SE 4-40.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:00.