April 20, 2011
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Chris Barnard, Pres., Peter Abel, Alan Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Clarence Diebold, Don Eklof, Murray Sharp, Charlie Young.
Ted Howard, Derek Knox, Bob Wagner.
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:10.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
- The motion to adopt the agenda was approved.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On March 16, 2011:
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried after under 7. b) the name Pommashea
Noel-Bentley had been corrected.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
5. New Business.
- Chris gave the report since Alan just had an eye operation. Our bursaries for 2010/11 have been awarded to Brett Barrett in Automotive Collision Repairs ($549), and to Aubrey Fowler in Computer Systems
- Ian Dean cancelled his participation at the luncheon and resigned from the Association.
- Chris has sent a get-well card to Pat Warkentin, who is now in a hospital.
- Since Bob was absent, Alan took care of the report and explained some figures.
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Because of problems with his eyes, Alan has not yet mailed the reminder that the memberships are due. Of 187 members only 150 have paid so far.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- According to Clarence, Cosco has been discussing pension funds, their financial problems, post-retirement benefits, and reductions in coverage.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- There are still seats available for the trip to the Kootenays, as well as the one for the Okanagon. (The trips are not yet listed on the Page). Chris brought up for consideration a luncheon in Victoria, which in turn led to a discussion of a luncheon on a ferry to Victoria, staying on the ship to return and have lunch.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
8. Other Business:
- Board Positions.
- The Association needs somebody to be the Corresponding Secretary, Alan has too much on his plate.
- Peter has offered to accompany Clarence to a Cosco meeting to perhaps give eventually Clarence a break.
- Chris mentioned that there were some problems with cheques that seem to have got lost? in the BCIT mail room.
- Thirty-three persons attended the luncheon. One, only one waitress, did all the work.
- Complimentary remarks were made about the elegantly-wrapped and well-chosen prizes. Tip of the hat to Don and his wife; also to Bob and Chris for making the arrangements.
- The participants enjoyed their Schnitzel at the Old Bavaria Haus.
9. Next Meeting:
- The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 18, 2011, at 10:00 h at the Royal Oak Facility, Rm SE 4-40.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:05.