June 18, 2014
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Bob Wagner, Chair, Alan Barnard, Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Gordon Farrell, Donna Foster, Derek Knox, Randy Robinson, Murray Sharp
Barbara Cowen, Ted Howard, Ed Warkentin
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:00.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried after the following changes had been made:
- 4. BUSINESS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
- 7. NEW BUSINESS, and 8. ADJOURNMENT.
N.B. Generally New Business follows Business arising from the Minutes.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On May 21, 2014:
- The motion to adopt the Minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- Chris Barnard has booked the Christmas Luncheon for November 23 at Cheers.
- Alan Barnard mentioned that no mail was received.
- Our total current assets are $ 6,652.73 according to Randy Robinson.
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Alan Barnard has 147 members who have paid on his list; about 50 in arrears.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- The position has been vacant, but Donna Foster has volunteered to represent the Association in the future.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- Chris Barnard and Alan are more than ready for their trip to Russia leaving on June 25 with Pitmar Tours.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
6. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on Sept. 17, 2014, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 40, Rm 412.
7. New Business.
- What steps should be taken to make the Association more vibrant and dynamic?
- Bob Wagner pointed out that we have the money to offer our members a wine and cheese party. The board members are in agreement and Chris Barnard has offered to inquire about the cost involved.
- Also mentioned were visits to wineries, involvement with the Anniversary Celebration of the Institute, fund raising, and having some kind of representation at the Institute's retirees' parties.
- Meeting adjourned at 10:30.