October 16, 2013
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Ted Howard, Chair, Alan Barnard, Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Barbara Cowen, Derek Knox, Murray Sharp, Bob Wagner, Ed Warkentin.
Ron Jackson, Lorena Pelly, Randy Robinson.
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:00.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
- The motion to approve the Agenda was seconded and carried.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On June 19, 2013:
- After some discussion, the motion to adopt the Minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- With reference to a previous discussion of the Richmond Casino as a choice for a Luncheon, Derek Knox mentioned the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club. The RVYC offers a hearty brunch and with a few changes could be considered for an outing. Derek has offered to do the research.
5. New Business.
- Proposed revisions will be presented by the committee at the next meeting.
- Alan Barnard had received and let members have look at a copy of the BCIT FACULTY AND STAFF ASSOCIATION NEWS.
- The report was not available.
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Alan reported that of 191 members listed, 162 have paid their dues. He’ll mail one last reminder. He mentioned also that the Association gained 19 new members so far in 2013.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- A report was not available.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- Chris Barnard mentioned that the notice for the Christmas Luncheon had been mailed and that the price remained at $23.00. She pointed out, and as is obvious under point 4, that members are always looking for interesting and reasonably-priced restaurants in the area.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
8. Other Business (not on the Agenda):
- Ed Warkentin mentioned that Clarence Diebold is willing to liaise with COSCO.
- To keep contact with the Administration it was suggested to invite the President to the Luncheon.
- With regards to the 50th Anniversary of BCIT, attempts are being made to establish a list of retired members.
- Ted Howard to get in touch with Gordon Farrell, our representative on the Anniversary Committee, to find out what preparations are being made.
9. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on November 20, 2013, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 40, Rm 412.
- Meeting adjourned at 10:50.