June 17, 2015
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Bob Wagner, Chair, Lynda Bennett-retei, Karl Boerner, Sec., Gordon Farrell, Donna Foster, Randy Robinson, Murray Sharp.
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:00.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried after some corrections had been made.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On May 20, 2015:
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- To be considered with the REPORTS.
- Bob Wagner shared with the group a well-written thank-you letter from a student who had received a bursary. The decision was made to place the letter on our web page.
- Randy Robinson stated that the current assets of the association stand at $5,817.30
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Three new members have increased the number of paid memberships to 144, reported Randy Robinson. About 58 have not paid yet.
- He has also finished the draft of a Newsletter.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- Donna Foster attended the meeting of June 12. She made some pamphlets available, mentioned among others that Art Kube, past president, has received the Order of Canada, and that COSCO has resolved to spend $30,000 on the election campaign. The COSCO workshops to be presented to the members and staff are Navigating The Health Care System, a review of available medical services, etc. and Advance Directives, stating one's preferences for illness and end of life care. The workshops are to be held at the end of September, at 10:00 if possible. Lynda Bennett-Retei is helping with the booking of rooms and mailouts.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- Lynda Bennett-Retei is occupied as mentioned previously.
f. BCIT 50th Anniversary
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
7. New Business and business arising from the reports.
- After some discussion it was decided to hold a Wine Luncheon at the Crescent Beach Yacht Club in the latter part of August. Lynda Bennett-Retei offered to prepare the flyer.
7. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on September 16, 2015, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 40, Rm 112.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:00.