September 17, 2014
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Bob Wagner, Chair, Alan Barnard, Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Gordon Farrell, Donna Foster, Derek Knox, Randy Robinson
Barbara Cowen, Ted Howard, Murray Sharp, Ed Warkentin
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:00.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried after the following changes had been made:
- under Reports, d) replace Position vacant with Donna Foster;
- add f) Report on the 50 th Anniversary - Gordon Farrell.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On June 18, 2014:
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried after NEW BUSINESS had been changed
to point 6, and NEXT MEETING to point 7.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- The importance of wine and cheese parties to attract and involve members was discussed. The search for venues continues.
- Alan Barnard reported the reception of a financial statement from the Foundation.
- The Association has also finally received its share of the estate of the late Len Arychuk, which comes to the sum of $11,876.25.
- Randy Robinson delivered his report and mentioned that there has not been much change in the account this summer. At the moment our total current assets are $ 6,652.73.
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Alan Barnard has 151 members listed. Discussed were ways and means of attracting new members.
THE MEETING WAS INTERRUPTED BY A FIRE DRILL FROM 10:30 TO 10:45 h.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- Donna Foster had prepared a written report of her first meeting at COSCO. She enhanced it with a description of her impressions during the meeting.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- Chris Barnard stated that the Christmas Luncheon has been arranged, but that Cheers is closing and that we need to look for another venue.
f. Report on the 50th Anniversary
- Gordon Farrell distributed a message to all staff from the President, Kathy Kinloch, regarding organizational realignments. He mentioned the Gala and the preparations that need to be done to celebrate the 50 th Anniversary.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
6. New Business.
- Problems with the web site were mentioned; it had been hacked.
- For various reasons the motion to Hold the next meeting on OCT. 22, was seconded and carried.
6. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on October 22, 2014, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 40, Rm 412.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:15.