February 19, 2014
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Ted Howard, Chair, Alan Barnard, Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Barbara Cowen, Ron Jackson, Derek Knox, Randy Robinson, Murray Sharp, Ed Warkentin
Bob Wagner, Lorena Pelly
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:05.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
- The agenda was approved after 7. OTHER BUSINESS had been added and NEXT MEETING had been changed to 8. and ADJOURNMENT to 9.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On January 15, 2014:
- After some remarks about punctuation, language, planned and actual mail outs, the motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- Murray Sharp pointed out that the Notice of the AGM starts the meeting after the 12 noon lunch, while in a letter to the members it starts at 11:00 h: a mix-up that could lead to serious problems. A lengthy discussion led to a procedure that would avoid disputes.
5. New Business.
- Randy Robinson and Alan Barnard discussed the closure, transfer, and updating of accounts.
- Alan Barnard had a copy of the Staff Society's newsletter. He mentioned that in future he'll receive the name of retirees, their department, and the date of retirement.
- In his report, Randy Robinson mentioned the $ 2000 donation to the Foundation, the payment for the internet domain name, and that someone has already paid for the Spring Luncheon.
The motion to "Pay the COSCO membership of $140" was seconded and carried.
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Paid membership stands at 118, according to Alan Barnard; 74 still need to send in their cheque.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- The position of representative remains vacant.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- Chris Barnard mentioned that Cheers was tentatively booked for April 27 and that the price remains at $23.00 per person.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
8. Other Business
- Discussed were the preparations for the Annual General Meeting: the presentations, the reports, the prizes for the draws, and the food.
Derek Knox offered to look after the election of the Directors.
9. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on March 19, 2014, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 40, Rm 412.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:00.