November 19, 2014
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Bob Wagner, Chair, Alan Barnard, Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Barbara Cowen, Gordon Farrell, Donna Foster, Derek Knox, Randy Robinson, Murray Sharp.
Ted Howard, Ed Warkentin.
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:00.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
3. BCIT 50th ANNIVERSARY- GORDON FARRELL.
- Gordon, who is deeply involved with the preparation of celebratory events, made and received suggestions how the Association could contribute by supplying photos, thank-you letters from recipients of bursaries, taking part at Open House April 25, etc.
- It was suggested that the Association and the Pioneers of BCIT consider to work in association.
- Gordon had to leave the meeting to meet other obligations.
4. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On October 22, 2014:
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
5. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- The problems with the website have been solved; Ted Marchant, as usual, in charge.
- Alan Barnard had not received any correspondence.
- Randy Robinson produced his report and explained some entries.
- Total current assets stand at $7,120.38.
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Alan Barnard mentioned that 152 out of 214 had paid their membership fees, 32 have already paid for 2015.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- Donna Foster added some comments to the written report that she had provided.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- Chris Barnard announced that 47 persons have signed up for the Christmas Luncheon.
- The usual preparations are being made with regards to prizes, draws, the fifty-fifty, etc.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
7. New Business.
- The availability of our Web Page was mentioned again. The Endowment Fund stands at $ 41,245.00.
- Efforts will be made to produce a Newsletter.
6. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on January 21, 2015, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 40, Rm 112.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:10.