March 19, 2014
ROYAL OAK FACILITY
Ted Howard, Chair, Alan Barnard, Chris Barnard, Karl Boerner, Sec., Donna Foster, Randy Robinson, Murray Sharp, Bob Wagner
Barbara Cowen, Gordon Farrell, Derek Knox, Ed Warkentin
1. Call To Order:
- The meeting was called to order at 10:05.
2. Approval of the Agenda.
- The motion to approve the agenda was seconded and carried.
3. Adoption Of The Minutes Of The Meeting Held On February 19, 2014:
- The motion to adopt the minutes was seconded and carried.
4. Business Arising From The Minutes.
- The date for the Spring Luncheon, April 27, and the price, $23, at Cheers have been confirmed, and some financial arrangements have been made.
5. New Business.
- The Revised Constitution is ready for typing.
The members honored with a Life Membership are Alan Barnard, Chris Barnard, Ernie Iannacone, and Ed Warkentin. Chris Barnard has offered to evaluate plaques available on the Campus.
b. New Directors and Positions
- The new President is Bob Wagner, Vice-President (left vacant), Past President is Ted Howard, Randy Robinson remains Treasurer, Alan Barnard Corresponding Secretary, Karl Boerner Recording Secretary.
Allan Barnard offered to continue to look after Member Recruitment, Recognition and Support; and Chris Barnard after Fellowship and Travel.
- Alan Barnard had received two notices from COSCO regarding seniors (Respect for seniors, New rate increases and service cuts) and one from Johnson (Medoc) regarding pet insurance.
- Randy Robinson presented his report, mentioned that the ING Account was closed now and answered questions.
c. Membership, Recruitment, Recognition and Support
- Alan Barnard has 138 paid members listed, 57 have not paid yet. He's pleased with the better coordination developing between him and the Personnel Office.
d. Liaison with COSCO
- The position remains vacant.
e. Fellowship and Travel
- Chris Barnard brought up the subject of a Wine and Cheese Party. Discussed were ways and means to successfully arrange one within limited costs.
- The earlier start of the AGM and the food served found the approval of the members.
The motion to accept the reports was seconded and carried.
9. Next Meeting:
- It will be held on April 16, 2014, at 10:00, at the Royal Oak Facility, SE 40, Rm 412.
- Meeting adjourned at 11:00.